Stop Building Temples and mould a Child the moving temple of HumanityPujya Swami Rama of the Himalayas
Sadhana Vidyalaya is a day school for rural children. The vision of the school is to revive the ancient eduational model of Gurukula system, in which students and teachers stay together and establish a personal relationship outside the academic zone as well. This facilitates forming a foundation for character building and personality development right from tender age. On this foundation of human values, academic skills are sharpened. This vision is realized in a 3 dimensional approach.
- Environment: Learning experience of a child is enriched in a stress-free environment.
- Ennobling the child's personality: Sadhana Vidyalaya recognizes and nurtures child's potential by integrating academics with yoga, meditation, dance, art, music and community service. Educating without inducing fear and respecting the freedom of child are the building blocks of Sadhana Vidyalaya approach.
- Education: Sadhana Vidyalaya adopts an academic curriculum that is according to the State Government syllabus. The school has a methodology of teaching which empowers a child to face the challenges of modern life along with academic excellence and become an integrated and harmonious human being.Envisioned to be a residential school, Sadhana Vidyalaya made a humble beginning as a day school in June 2005 with 150 students in 3 classes. Since then it has been steadily growing each year. Sadhana Vidyalaya provides free mid-day meal and subsidized transport and tuition to children from surrounding rural communities.
Sadhana Vidyalaya: Present Status
Classes: Kindergarten to 9th Standard
No. of Students: 527
No. of Teachers: 22
No. of Buses : 6
- Compure Lab: 50 Computers
- Mathematics lab to make learning of mathematics very interesting and effective
- Sports activity: There is a 100m track, a Long Jump track and Volley Ball, Kho-Kho and Kabaddi courts as well as Double Bar and Rope Mall-Khamb facility.
- A workshop with tools and equipment to boost child's creativity.
- LKG and UKG class rooms equipped with educational toys to make the pre-school a loving experience for the child.
- Homi Bhabha Science Curriculum for Standard I to V as developed by the prestigious Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai is incorporated.
- 2 spacious dining halls to accommodate 500 children.
- Steam cooking system.
- Multi-purpose hall with 3 pyramidical structure with vibrant energy for 500 people.